Our One-Act Playwriting Contest
Here's your chance to become the new Anton Chekov, Arthur Miller, Edward Albee, David Mamet, Eugene O'Neill, or Euripides!
- Plays must be received by midnight, December 31, 2007.
- Plays must have a running time between 20 minutes and one hour, with a maximum of four characters.
- Submissions can not have received a professional or amateur production, or have been previously published.
- Stage directions must be limited to sound effects (please keep these to a minimum), as the play will be produced only in an audio format.
- Plays must be emailed to
, with the words "Playwriting Contest" in the subject line, and with the text in the body of the email. Please do NOT send it as an attachment. Please include your full name, and a brief bio.
- Only one submission per person.
- Subject matter and theme are up to the author, although we are looking for fresh and challenging perspectives on contemporary issues. No musicals accepted.
- All rights will revert to the author upon publication, but the actual audio production will remain the property of Soundzine, and may not be used without the consent of Soundzine.
- Winners will be announced in our January 15, 2008 Issue of Soundzine, and the winning play produced and published in our April, 2008 issue.
- First Prize: $200 and production and publication of the play in Soundzine. Second prize: $50 and publication (but not production) of the play in Soundzine. Third Prize: Wild applause, and a pat on the back.
Break a leg!
Exeunt, Stage Left